Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Some things to love about fall!

Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons, but I have to admit that even I get tired of hot weather.  I like spring and summer because  I associate them with childhood and freedom from school.  Fall is just around the corner now and both of my children will be away at college.  I know I will be having the empty nest thing to deal with so I need to cheer myself up.  I actually do like the change of seasons and fall is such a pretty time of year.  Last October I took some pictures around my home.  Here are a few of them.

Welcome flag by the front porch
My dog Allie likes to look at the fall colors, too!


I also love FOOTBALL, so I am really excited about watching and attending some games.  Since both of my children will be in college this year (different schools though) we will be going to some college games.

Me and my daughter and son
I am also looking forward to wearing cardigans and sipping hot drinks.
 I hope everyone is enjoying these last few weeks of summer and looking forward to some of the "cool" things about fall!
Thanks for reading!

Love and Blessing,
Carla

4 comments:

  1. Great blog post, mom!! I'm SO ready for Fall, too! I love the pictures you took of the trees outside our house. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I love seeing your fall colors already-wow, we are just beginning to feel a crispness in the air. Looks like a silver maple. Like your flag too. What type of dog do you have?
    I love fall and its beauty; last year we had a glorious fall here in Colorado but I do miss some of the colors we had in Ca.
    Have a great evening.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. cardigans and hot drinks... sold. lol. loved this. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my Fash Fave and Fash Fail for the week and see pictures from my Rachel Zoe encounter. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had some beautiful fall colors there in your yard last year. How long until you see them this year? There are a few that are starting to turn here on the lake already!
    Welcome to the world of blogging!
    I know you will love it!
    I became a follower also.

    ReplyDelete