Sunday, August 14, 2011

Let Me Introduce Myself...

Hey!
Welcome to "Missy Prissy," my name is Carla. Before I begin, let me explain the reason for my blog title! My entire life, my family has called me "prissy." When I was younger, this irritated me, but as I've gotten older I've come to embrace the girly-girl in myself. I may be a bit prissy, but I realize now this isn't a bad thing - yes, I love Lilly and everything pink - so what? :)

Meet my family!


I have a wonderful family. I am the mother of two wonderful children, who will both be leaving for college in a few days.

Here are a few things about myself..

-I believe that God has a plan and a purpose for my life. He is number one!
-I love to read.. you'll always find me with a new book in my hand. I love all different genres: fiction, nonfiction. A few of my favorite authors are Nora Roberts and Francine Rivers.
-I'm dedicated to being healthy and I have been Jazzercising for 18 years. I love to dance, and I love the friends I've made.

Before the Bobcats' halftime show in January
-I love gardening and I love orchids. You'll probably see a lot of pictures of my plants on here! :)

Today is a special day because it's mine and my husband's 29th anniversary.

Happy anniversary, baby!

My sweet husband surprised me with a pair of tear drop aquamarine earrings. Pictures to come in a later post, perhaps?

Thanks so much for reading, and bear with me as I begin my journey into the blog world!

-Carla

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carla, Thank you for stopping by my place; I'm glad to meet you. Happy Anniversary and warm welcome to the world of blogging-you will love it. I've made incredible friends that are always so friendly and encouraging. I love Francine Rivers too and because I'm from Irish descendants, love Nora Roberts books set in Ireland. I look forward to getting to know you-so I'm following.
    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla,
    Welcome to the blog world!
    I hope you'll continue to visit and I'll be sure to do the same.
    I haven't posted as much as usual this summer. It's been so busy. I just returned from D.C. and hope to have a new post up soon.
    Nice to meet you and your family!

    ReplyDelete